Friday, August 27, 2010

Would you like Fries with that?

Today was my first day as a Team Member at Chick-Fil-A. Well, I'm going to slightly walk you through my day!

I got there, slightly rushed at 10:30 with my shift starting at 11. They told me my uniform would be in so I went early so I could get dressed. I got there and discovered my uniform wasn't in so I was given a shirt and told to change. I was wearing not so comfy jeans and flip-flops. 2 dollar foam, 2 year old flip flops. That I can't stand in for very long. So yes, I wore flip-flops on my first day of work, for 6 hours straight. Bad idea. Well, then I went out and was placed out front working on a register. Well first I should say, the floor is really slippery. I mean REALLY slippery. I felt like I was ice skating all day to say the least. It was fun in the front I could take a step or two and then sliiideee. But in the back, it was pretty dangerously slippery. Lets just say, I can't wait to get my slip resistant shoes. Well, I wasn't amazing at the register at first but I think I got it down pretty well by the end of the day. It's a learning process they keep saying:) I'll get it eventually! I worked from 11-4 so I had about a half hour to get things down until the lunch hour rush hit, and honestly, lunch hour rush was my favorite part all day!!

Of course, I messed up, I discovered I stink at making ice cream cones, and I'm good at making milkshakes. I'm trying to learn the short hand, I spill pop frequently, and seem to always forget something. But I'm getting it:) There were a few moments that stood out today, one in particular.

It was during some what of a rush, My customer had ordered a salad and dressing, I went and grabbed the salad and sitting beside it was a little container of something, I thought it was a special dressing I grabbed it and threw it in the bag. My customer soon returns asking for her dressing and as I'm grabbing it, I hear some people saying where did the blueberry topping go?? I tried not to giggle realizing I had given my customer blueberry topping for her salad. No one will ever know;)

We had a milkshake catastrophe today too and cream was everywhere. But that one wasn't COMPLETELY my fault thankfully:)

My co-workers are wonderful. They all took me under my wing and adopted me today and they all helped me out and it was great!

I should probably go to bed so I can do it all again tomorrow!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, its good post regarding media print, we all know media is a fantastic source of data.
my web site - OnlyCruiser.com